Conor headshot

Topics

The Gift of GAB (Goals, Attitude, Behavior)

In a powerful, fun-packed and interactive program, Conor demonstrates that everyone (and not just the Irish) can benefit from the Gift of GAB. GAB is the acronym for Goals, Attitude, Behavior. Three elements of life that can change the listener and the workplace.

Goals

Conor takes us through the power of Macro-Goals and asks “What do I want to be famous for?”

How daily Micro-Goals helps to our Macro-Goals.

Attitude

Via sometimes poignant but often hilarious storytelling, you will learn how to choose your Attitude after things go wrong and just as importantly BEFORE that upcoming tough meeting or expected confrontation.

Behavior

You will appreciate your Behavior creates your brand and identify the THREE words you want your work colleagues / vendors / customers to say about you.

DISS the Stress

The American Nurse Association Health Risk Appraisal 2016 suggested that 82% of nurses are at “significant level of risk for workplace stress.” (Wondering about the other 18%? They were probably too stressed to complete the survey!)

Let’s admit it. Your objective to work in an easy stress-free job hasn’t exactly panned out as you hoped! Long hours, charting, rude family members, more charting, poor communication, more charting charting the charts you already charted, rushed meals, surveys including completing questionnaires on why you are stressed! and much more contribute to a job that doesn’t always match the idealized job description.

Getting rid of stress is not realistic (and not even advisable.)

Reducing stress IS realistic (and very much advisable.)

In this fun, interactive program, Chicago based (and two-time cancer survivor)  Irishman will provide down to earth tips, tricks and techniques to reduce your stress levels. In a lyrical Irish brogue that one audience member says “would charm the mane off a donkey,” Conor will have you learning, and laughing, and leaving with a smile on the face, a spring in the step and memorable actionable ideas to Diss the Stress.

IrishmanSpeaks – Conor Cunneen

Improving People, Performance, Productivity – with a Smile!

Conor is an Irishman happily exiled in Chicago and with a brogue to prove it. His mission in life is to leave people with a smile on the face, a spring in the step AND memorable, implementable concepts to bring back to the workplace. Concepts that do improve people, performance and productivity – with a smile!

He combines the wit that won Chicago Humorous Speaker of the Year, with senior sales, marketing & leadership experience garnered in Ireland, UK and the USA to present compelling anecdotes, storytelling and goal setting to encourage behavior change.

A two-time cancer survivor –  “Having had a thyroidectomy and a prostatectomy, I now have a unique Irish condition known as there’s not much left-o-me!!” Conor gives thanks everyday to the many healthcare professionals who made a difference for him and so many others.

Background

VP Marketing Unilever

Proud recipient of the (US) Presidents’ Gold Medal for Volunteer Service for the work he does with the “unemployed.” Conor prefers to use the word “Jobseekers.”

Fellow Marketing Institute of Ireland

Multiple author including two on Mark Twain. Other books include Why Ireland Never Invaded America! and SHEIFGAB! Staying Sane, Motivated and Productive in Job Search

Chicago Humorous Speaker of the Year for a speech on Customer Service ---- In San Quentin Prison!

Two time cancer survivor

Clients range from Harley-Davidson to Helsinki, from Memphis to Madrid

Husband to a long-suffering wife! Dad to two great kids.

Topics

The Gift of GAB (Goals, Attitude, Behavior)

In a powerful, fun-packed and interactive program, Conor demonstrates that everyone (and not just the Irish) can benefit from the Gift of GAB. GAB is the acronym for Goals, Attitude, Behavior. Three elements of life that can change the listener and the workplace.

Goals

Conor takes us through the power of Macro-Goals and asks “What do I want to be famous for?”

How daily Micro-Goals helps to our Macro-Goals.

Attitude

Via sometimes poignant but often hilarious storytelling, you will learn how to choose your Attitude after things go wrong and just as importantly BEFORE that upcoming tough meeting or expected confrontation.

Behavior

You will appreciate your Behavior creates your brand and identify the THREE words you want your work colleagues / vendors / customers to say about you.

DISS the Stress

The American Nurse Association Health Risk Appraisal 2016 suggested that 82% of nurses are at “significant level of risk for workplace stress.” (Wondering about the other 18%? They were probably too stressed to complete the survey!)

Let’s admit it. Your objective to work in an easy stress-free job hasn’t exactly panned out as you hoped! Long hours, charting, rude family members, more charting, poor communication, more charting charting the charts you already charted, rushed meals, surveys including completing questionnaires on why you are stressed! and much more contribute to a job that doesn’t always match the idealized job description.

Getting rid of stress is not realistic (and not even advisable.)

Reducing stress IS realistic (and very much advisable.)

In this fun, interactive program, Chicago based (and two-time cancer survivor)  Irishman will provide down to earth tips, tricks and techniques to reduce your stress levels. In a lyrical Irish brogue that one audience member says “would charm the mane off a donkey,” Conor will have you learning, and laughing, and leaving with a smile on the face, a spring in the step and memorable actionable ideas to Diss the Stress.

Video

Testimonial

Conor, In my close to thirty years of association work, I have never seen a speaker as well received as you.

— Incentive Marketing Association

Testimonial

Conor Cunneen was fantastic when he spoke to our 235 nurses. He nailed it on all levels: Learning, laughter, leadership, and always reminding us to keep the patient at the centre of our care. We were absolutely delighted with this Irishman and his pragmatic approach to life and business. Thank you so much Conor. Thanks to you, 235 nurses are now planning their goals, thinking about what their brand will look like, what their attitudes should be and so much more. You're the best!!!!!

— Association of Registered Nurses, PEI