“The Well” Book Salon
An on-line book club featuring international speakers and published authors
creating a wellspring of new ideas and inspiration on wellbeing.
We invite you to read the book and get up close with the author
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is the “The Well” Book Salon? #WellBookSalon
- A virtual book club led by the book’s author creating a wellspring of new ideas and inspiration on wellbeing.
- The opportunity to read and discuss a book that interests you, a book that will stimulate, inspire and get you thinking about your own wellbeing.
- Led by the author with the assistance of a moderator to maintain flow, keep on track and be fair to all participants involved.
- A fun, fast, and friendly way for book-lovers to talk about books they love with the book’s author.
How do I take part?
- If there is a book or author that interests you, all you have to do is sign up.
- Readers can sign up for Arlan’s monthly Newsletter, “The Well” to receive regular updates on the next book to be discussed, read interviews with speaker/authors and find out where they will be speaking next.
- Prior to each week, an opportunity will be provided to submit pre-written questions.
- Tweet your question with the hashtag #WellBookSalon and at the end of the month one of the submissions will be drawn for a free book by the upcoming author.
Where does it all happen?
- Prior to the start date, a link will be provided for the #WellBookSalon, a private “virtual salon” where you will participate via video.
- Check–ins are forum-style for 1 hour a week for 4 weeks of discussion, co-learning and building relationships.
- Connect with all #WellBookSalon members in a private Facebook group.
What is expected of me and what perks do I get?
- You’d love to join a book club—and now you can do it from your own home in your pj’s if you choose.
- You decide if the book is of interest.
- If the schedule works for you, we invite you to join our community.
- You can join the weekly discussions.
- Private Facebook Group (exclusively for the #WellBookSalon community).
- An exciting journey of discussion, inspiration, and growth, lead by the book’s author.
How much time is involved?
- 1 hour, once a week for four consecutive weeks plus reading the book.
- Just like any other investment in relationships and self/business growth, you get what you put in.
- And the best part, if you can not make the scheduled book club, a recorded link will be made available.
Does it matter where I live?
- No! This is an online book club that was designed for busy people to access from anywhere in the world.
- It doesn’t matter if our members are in the same city or halfway across the world, because thanks to the power of the internet, you can all be in one digital space at the same time.
How many individuals can participate in the book club?
- As many as would like to join. However, depending on the size, not all questions may be addressed during the live sessions.
What time of day is it scheduled?
- All four weeks will be scheduled for 1pm EST and will stick to a set schedule to respect everyone’s time and investment in the program.
How do I get started?
- Register below by sending us your name and email address.
- We will confirm receipt and will be in touch shortly to confirm first day of The #WellBookSalon
- If you haven’t already purchased a book, click on the link below and follow the instructions. It’s that simple!
From time to time, we all go back to the well
as a source of ideas to live, lead and work better.
Beginning May 10th 1p.m. EST….
“Advice That Sticks:
How to Give Financial Advice That People Will Follow”
Moira Somers, PH.D
“Here’s what I’ve come to believe: Most people are at least mildly crazy when it comes to money. I can say ‘crazy’ with some authority. I am, after all, a psychologist. I know crazy when I see it. And there is nothing – not full moons or federal elections or family get-togethers – that draws the crazy out of people faster than money.”
-Moira Somers, PH.D.
Dr Moira Somers is a leading practitioner in the field of financial psychology and financial change. A neuropsychologist, professor and executive coach, Dr Somers blends the science and art of advice-giving with practical wisdom and wit. Through her popular keynote addresses and follow-up seminars she works with financial professionals and organizations around the globe, equipping them to give easy-to implement advice that captures clients’ hearts and minds.
Watch for upcoming books to be featured on “The Well” Book Salon
Upon completion of the #WellBookSalon
- Consider working one-on-one with the speaker/ author by setting up a complimentary 15 min. call.